Precautions for installation of thin section bearings
1. In order to prevent the corrosion of thin section bearings, it is necessary to ensure that the storage environment is dry and free of moisture, and stored away from the ground. Do not unpack and take out the bearing until preparations are complete and ready for installation. When taking out the bearing for use, wear clean gloves to prevent moisture or sweat from sticking to the bearing and causing rust.
2. Before installation, it is necessary to carry out simple inspection and measurement of the bearing. Check whether the bearing surface is smooth, check whether there are defects on each bearing part, such as indentation, scratches, rust, etc. caused by improper transportation; check whether the bearing has discoloration caused by heat treatment. Wear clean gloves and touch the various parts of the bearing with your hands. This step is mainly to determine whether there are burrs or sharp corners at the chamfer, and also to roughly estimate the size of the surface roughness. Then hold the outer ring with your hand and rotate the inner ring to see if the bearing rotates smoothly and whether there is a problem with abnormal noise or caton. Measure the dimensions of the bearing according to the bearing drawings provided by the bearing manufacturer, and confirm the bearing mounting hole diameter, shaft diameter, shoulder verticality and chamfering dimensions. The feeler gauge is generally used to measure the clearance, which is simple and convenient; the diameter measurement uses an inner and outer micrometer, and the width measurement can be measured with a height gauge or a vernier caliper. The measurement of each size should be measured 2~3 times to ensure the correctness of the measurement. After the bearing has been inspected and measured correctly, it is ready for installation.
3. When installing the bearing, the workbench and installation tools shall be free of dust, debris and burrs. Similarly, the shaft and bearing mounting holes must also be kept clean. Because a lot of fine dust we can not see with the naked eye, but as long as it enters our bearings, it will increase the wear and noise of the bearings. Be careful when installing tools and remember to avoid things like cloth and staple fibers.
4. When installing thin section precision bearings, strong stamping is not allowed, because the grooves of thin section precision bearings are very shallow, and the inner and outer rings are also very thin. Strong stamping will cause separation of the inner and outer rings of the bearing and other damage. Therefore, when installing, it is necessary to cooperate with the installation according to the clearance range. If pressure installation is required, a suitable pressure ring should be used, through which pressure is applied to the outer or inner ring of the bearing that is matched with the external element during installation. Under no circumstances should the ball be subjected to assembly stress.
5. All bearings used in pairs are marked with "V" on the outer diameter of the bearing, and the orientation should be adjusted to align them during installation.
6. When the gland is fixed with screws, it is necessary to tighten the screws diagonally in turn to ensure that the bearing force of the shaft is uniform.
7. Bearings with solid lubrication are not recommended to be cleaned. If cleaning is necessary, the bearing should be completely immersed in anhydrous ethanol or acetone solution for slight rotation and cleaning. After cleaning, use high-pressure gas to blow off the residual solution. When blowing the solution, it is forbidden to let the bearing rotate with the gas to prevent scratching the raceway.
In the process of using thin section bearings, if they are used improperly or if they are not well matched, the expected effect of thin section bearings will not be achieved. Therefore, we must pay attention to the above details when using and installing thin section bearings.
Welcome to click to learn more about thin section bearings, Luoyang Huigong Bearing Technology Co., Ltd. https://www.chg-bearing.com/
How choose the right slewing bearing for tractor？Mar 22, 2023Slewing bearings are an essential component of tractors, providing stability and reliability to the vehicle as well as enabling it to perform its various functions. Slewing bearings are designed to support a wide range of loads, while also allowing for smooth rotation and swiveling. They are used in a variety of applications, from agricultural machinery to construction equipment, and are essential for the safe and efficient operation of any tractor. CHG offers a wide range of slewing bearings for tractors, providing customers with the best quality and performance for their vehicles. Our slewi
Thin section bearing for RobotsFeb 28, 2023Thin section bearings are designed to fit in tight spaces and provide precision motion control, high load capacity, smooth operation, and low maintenance for industrial robots. CHG bearing manufacturer has developed a specific thin section bearing for robots, which is easy to install and maintain, and offers superior performance, durability, and energy efficiency.
How to choose the right rolling mill bearing for the steel mill? （Part Ⅲ）Feb 21, 2023In the previous article, we analyzed several factors that lead to the damage of cold rolling mill bearings, and this article introduces the corresponding improvement measures.
How to choose the right rolling mill bearing for the steel mill? （Part Ⅱ）Feb 17, 2023After understanding the bearing and the corresponding use environment, we can analyze the cause of bearing failure. Through multiple comparisons and observations of rolling mill bearings, it is concluded that the following factors can cause bearing damage.