Under what circumstances would you choose to buy ceramic bearings
Aug 04, 2022
Advantages of ceramic bearings
First, because ceramics are hardly afraid of corrosion, ceramic rolling bearings are suitable for operating under harsh conditions full of corrosive media.
Second, because the density of the ceramic rolling ball is lower than that of steel and the weight is much lighter, the centrifugal effect of the outer ring during rotation can be reduced by 40%, thereby greatly extending the service life.
Third, ceramics are less affected by thermal expansion and contraction than steel, so when the bearing clearance is constant, the bearing can be allowed to work in an environment where the temperature difference changes more drastically.
Fourth, because the elastic modulus of ceramics is higher than that of steel, it is not easy to deform when subjected to force, so it is beneficial to improve the working speed and achieve higher precision.
The main use of ceramic bearings
Ceramic bearings have the characteristics of high temperature resistance, cold resistance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, anti-magnetic and electrical insulation, oil-free self-lubrication, and high speed. Can be used in extremely harsh environment and special working conditions, can be widely used in aviation, aerospace, navigation, petroleum, chemical, automotive, electronic equipment, metallurgy, electric power, textiles, pumps, medical equipment, scientific research and national defense and military and other fields, is a new material application of high- tech products.
The rings and rolling elements of ceramic bearings are made of all ceramic materials, including zirconia (ZrO2), silicon nitride (Si3N4) and silicon carbide (Sic). The retainers are manufactured with PTFE, nylon 66, polyetherimide, zirconia, silicon nitride, stainless steel or special aviation aluminum, thus expanding the application reach of ceramic bearings.
Application fields of ceramic bearings
Medical equipment, cryogenic engineering, optical instruments, high-speed machine tools, high-speed motors, printing machinery, food processing machinery.
In the fields of aerospace, navigation, nuclear industry, petroleum, chemical industry, light textile industry, machinery, metallurgy, electric power, food, locomotive, subway, high-speed machine tools and scientific research, defense and military technology, etc. Working under special working conditions such as explosive, strong corrosion, vacuum, electrical insulation, non-magnetic, dry friction, etc., the indispensable substitute role of ceramic bearings is gradually being recognized by people.
Classification of ceramic bearings
(1) High-speed bearing: It has the advantages of cold resistance, small force elasticity, high pressure resistance, poor thermal conductivity, light weight, and small friction coefficient. It can be used in high-speed spindles from 12000 rpm to 75000 rpm and other in high-precision equipment;
(2) High temperature bearing: The material itself has a high temperature resistance of 1200 °C, and is self-lubricating, and the operating temperature is between 100 °C and 800 °C without expansion due to temperature difference. It can be used in furnaces, plastics, steel and other high temperature equipment;
(3) Corrosion-resistant bearings: The material itself has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, and can be used in strong acid, strong alkali, inorganic, organic salt, seawater and other fields, such as: electroplating equipment, electronic equipment, chemical machinery , shipbuilding, medical equipment, etc.
(4) Antimagnetic bearing: Because it is non-magnetic, it does not absorb dust, which can reduce the peeling of the bearing surface, thereby reducing the running noise. Can be used in demagnetization equipment, precision instruments and other fields.
(5) Electrically insulated bearing: due to high resistivity, it can avoid arc damage to the bearing, and can be used in various electrical equipment requiring insulation.
(6) Vacuum bearings: Due to the unique oil-free self-lubricating properties of ceramic materials, in the ultra-high vacuum environment, the problem that ordinary bearings cannot be lubricated can be overcome. Note: For the above five types of bearings , the same set of bearings can be applied to high temperature, high speed, acid-base, magnetic field, non-insulation, but due to different material properties, when customers choose products, Choose the most suitable ceramic bearing material according to your application .
How choose the right slewing bearing for tractor？Mar 22, 2023Slewing bearings are an essential component of tractors, providing stability and reliability to the vehicle as well as enabling it to perform its various functions. Slewing bearings are designed to support a wide range of loads, while also allowing for smooth rotation and swiveling. They are used in a variety of applications, from agricultural machinery to construction equipment, and are essential for the safe and efficient operation of any tractor. CHG offers a wide range of slewing bearings for tractors, providing customers with the best quality and performance for their vehicles. Our slewi
Thin section bearing for RobotsFeb 28, 2023Thin section bearings are designed to fit in tight spaces and provide precision motion control, high load capacity, smooth operation, and low maintenance for industrial robots. CHG bearing manufacturer has developed a specific thin section bearing for robots, which is easy to install and maintain, and offers superior performance, durability, and energy efficiency.
How to choose the right rolling mill bearing for the steel mill? （Part Ⅲ）Feb 21, 2023In the previous article, we analyzed several factors that lead to the damage of cold rolling mill bearings, and this article introduces the corresponding improvement measures.
How to choose the right rolling mill bearing for the steel mill? （Part Ⅱ）Feb 17, 2023After understanding the bearing and the corresponding use environment, we can analyze the cause of bearing failure. Through multiple comparisons and observations of rolling mill bearings, it is concluded that the following factors can cause bearing damage.