Under what circumstances would you choose to buy ceramic bearings
Aug 04, 2022
Advantages of ceramic bearings
First, because ceramics are hardly afraid of corrosion, ceramic rolling bearings are suitable for operating under harsh conditions full of corrosive media.
Second, because the density of the ceramic rolling ball is lower than that of steel and the weight is much lighter, the centrifugal effect of the outer ring during rotation can be reduced by 40%, thereby greatly extending the service life.
Third, ceramics are less affected by thermal expansion and contraction than steel, so when the bearing clearance is constant, the bearing can be allowed to work in an environment where the temperature difference changes more drastically.
Fourth, because the elastic modulus of ceramics is higher than that of steel, it is not easy to deform when subjected to force, so it is beneficial to improve the working speed and achieve higher precision.
The main use of ceramic bearings
Ceramic bearings have the characteristics of high temperature resistance, cold resistance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, anti-magnetic and electrical insulation, oil-free self-lubrication, and high speed. Can be used in extremely harsh environment and special working conditions, can be widely used in aviation, aerospace, navigation, petroleum, chemical, automotive, electronic equipment, metallurgy, electric power, textiles, pumps, medical equipment, scientific research and national defense and military and other fields, is a new material application of high- tech products.
The rings and rolling elements of ceramic bearings are made of all ceramic materials, including zirconia (ZrO2), silicon nitride (Si3N4) and silicon carbide (Sic). The retainers are manufactured with PTFE, nylon 66, polyetherimide, zirconia, silicon nitride, stainless steel or special aviation aluminum, thus expanding the application reach of ceramic bearings.
Application fields of ceramic bearings
Medical equipment, cryogenic engineering, optical instruments, high-speed machine tools, high-speed motors, printing machinery, food processing machinery.
In the fields of aerospace, navigation, nuclear industry, petroleum, chemical industry, light textile industry, machinery, metallurgy, electric power, food, locomotive, subway, high-speed machine tools and scientific research, defense and military technology, etc. Working under special working conditions such as explosive, strong corrosion, vacuum, electrical insulation, non-magnetic, dry friction, etc., the indispensable substitute role of ceramic bearings is gradually being recognized by people.
Classification of ceramic bearings
(1) High-speed bearing: It has the advantages of cold resistance, small force elasticity, high pressure resistance, poor thermal conductivity, light weight, and small friction coefficient. It can be used in high-speed spindles from 12000 rpm to 75000 rpm and other in high-precision equipment;
(2) High temperature bearing: The material itself has a high temperature resistance of 1200 °C, and is self-lubricating, and the operating temperature is between 100 °C and 800 °C without expansion due to temperature difference. It can be used in furnaces, plastics, steel and other high temperature equipment;
(3) Corrosion-resistant bearings: The material itself has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, and can be used in strong acid, strong alkali, inorganic, organic salt, seawater and other fields, such as: electroplating equipment, electronic equipment, chemical machinery , shipbuilding, medical equipment, etc.
(4) Antimagnetic bearing: Because it is non-magnetic, it does not absorb dust, which can reduce the peeling of the bearing surface, thereby reducing the running noise. Can be used in demagnetization equipment, precision instruments and other fields.
(5) Electrically insulated bearing: due to high resistivity, it can avoid arc damage to the bearing, and can be used in various electrical equipment requiring insulation.
(6) Vacuum bearings: Due to the unique oil-free self-lubricating properties of ceramic materials, in the ultra-high vacuum environment, the problem that ordinary bearings cannot be lubricated can be overcome. Note: For the above five types of bearings , the same set of bearings can be applied to high temperature, high speed, acid-base, magnetic field, non-insulation, but due to different material properties, when customers choose products, Choose the most suitable ceramic bearing material according to your application .
The type and selection of rolling mill bearingsAug 30, 2023The type and selection of rolling mill bearings depends on many factors, including bearing load, working speed, working environment and bearing size.
The main bearings type in our company & the applicationAug 16, 2023Thin section bearings, Tapered roller bearings, Cylindrical roller bearings, Slewing bearings, Ball bearings(Spindle Bearings), Cross roller bearings, Thrust bearings, Spherical bearings, Rollers(Rolling element)
What factors need to be considered before bearings purchase？Aug 10, 2023When purchasing bearings, we usually don't know how to choose, and worry about buying fake products; worry about substandard quality, or not suitable for use after buying; worry about the lack of guarantee after sale. Before purchasing bearings, the following aspects need to be confirmed
CHG Bearing:How to choose the slewing bearingsAug 02, 2023Selection of raw materials: raw materials include 42CrMoT, 42CrMoZ, 50MnT, 50MnZ T: Indicates that the material should be quenched and tempered. Z: Indicates that the material should be normalized