How to identify whether the bearing is a refurbished bearing
Jul 25, 2022
Bearings are common parts in mechanical equipment, but also important parts, the use of bearings is also very extensive. In order to make more money, there are many black-hearted merchants who use the old to make good, and recycle some used or unused old bearings to buy them as new bearings after processing. This kind of refurbished bearings is still very different from good bearings, the use of performance is not as good as good bearings. Today I share with you the difference between a refurbished bearing and a good bearing, and how to identify whether the bearing is a refurbished bearing when buying a bearing.
The difference between a refurbished bearing and a good bearing
1. The size of the refurbished bearing has changed, the outer diameter is small and the inner diameter is large. And this difference can be measured with a ruler.
2. Check the bearing surface accuracy and whether it is smooth. The refurbished bearings are rough.
3. Rotate the bearing by hand, the refurbished bearing is rotated unevenly.
4. Look at the clearance between the cage and the rolling elements, and the clearance of the efurbished bearing is larger than the normal clearance.
5. Look at the beads, the size of the refurbished bearing beads will be different and there will be wear and deformation.
6. Look at the slideway, the refurbished bearing slideway has irregular wear and deformation.
How to identify whether the bearing is a refurbished bearing
1. Refurbished bearings are generally limited due to the technology and equipment of small bearing manufacturers, so the bearing accuracy is low, the bearing surface is rough, the chamfer size is uneven, and some of them also have black skin and pockmarks.
2. The materials used for some inferior bearings are ordinary steel, carbon steel, malleable steel and iron pipes, etc., and the appearance of these materials is mostly white, and the color of special bearing steel is green. But just looking at the color can not be completely concluded, but also check the hardness. The hardness of ordinary steel is low.
3. Some small manufacturers have simple heat treatment technology, and the bearing is not uniformly heated, and there will be slight deformation.
4. Rotate the bearing to see whether the bearing rotates evenly and whether the sound is continuous and no noise.
5. Looking at the cage, the bearing cage of the regular manufacturer is regular and free of burrs, and the rivet pier head of the riveted bearing cage is the same size. The processing technology and equipment of non-regular manufacturers are simple, so the cage is rough, some riveted structure cages are unevenly divided or aligned, and the rivet pier head is different in size or riveted.
6. Look at the packaging. The regular manufacturers have the same packaging, and the fonts on the packaging are clear. Some counterfeit bearings have inconsistent packaging, or are simple and irregular.
7. Look at the font on the end face of the bearing. The original bearing is very clear and uniform regardless of the steel font or the laser font. The laser font has a certain depth. The counterfeit bearing font has broken marks. After the font is wiped with gauze, it will leave a faint trace of the font.
8. Look at the certificate of conformity, the regular manufacturers have the certificate of conformity, and the size of the certificate of conformity is the same, most of the certificate of conformity paper is oil-proof paper, the font on the certificate of conformity is clear, and some manufacturers even have query information printed on the certificate of conformity for customers to inquire authenticity. As for the counterfeit certificate of conformity, the fonts are blurred, the paper is ordinary paper, and the size of the certificate is different. It is recommended to keep the formal manufacturer's certificate for comparison and reference.
9. Some imported bearings are different from domestic ones in terms of anti-rust oil. Imported bearings are not without anti-rust agent but can not see traces. The surface of imported bearings is clear, and the inferior anti-rust agent coated by some manufacturers to make counterfeit imported bearings feels sticky in the hand, and will emit a smell of anti-rust oil.
10. Understand the bearing typing specifications of some regular manufacturers' normal products, such as: bearing model, trademark, year code. However, some refurbished bearing fonts are engraved with a tool. Even with laser typing, the font on many refurbished bearings is still blurry.
11. If possible, it is best to visit the bearing manufacturer or brand dealer in person. CHG Located in the Luolong Science and Technology Park-Industrial Zone of Luoyang City, our company covers an area of 39, 330 square meters with a construction area of 33, 696.92 square meters. And over 300 employees (29% of technicians, middle-and-senior engineers), as well as over 150 production equipment, can manufacture various rolling mill bearings with dimensions rang
How choose the right slewing bearing for tractor？Mar 22, 2023Slewing bearings are an essential component of tractors, providing stability and reliability to the vehicle as well as enabling it to perform its various functions. Slewing bearings are designed to support a wide range of loads, while also allowing for smooth rotation and swiveling. They are used in a variety of applications, from agricultural machinery to construction equipment, and are essential for the safe and efficient operation of any tractor. CHG offers a wide range of slewing bearings for tractors, providing customers with the best quality and performance for their vehicles. Our slewi
Thin section bearing for RobotsFeb 28, 2023Thin section bearings are designed to fit in tight spaces and provide precision motion control, high load capacity, smooth operation, and low maintenance for industrial robots. CHG bearing manufacturer has developed a specific thin section bearing for robots, which is easy to install and maintain, and offers superior performance, durability, and energy efficiency.
How to choose the right rolling mill bearing for the steel mill? （Part Ⅲ）Feb 21, 2023In the previous article, we analyzed several factors that lead to the damage of cold rolling mill bearings, and this article introduces the corresponding improvement measures.
How to choose the right rolling mill bearing for the steel mill? （Part Ⅱ）Feb 17, 2023After understanding the bearing and the corresponding use environment, we can analyze the cause of bearing failure. Through multiple comparisons and observations of rolling mill bearings, it is concluded that the following factors can cause bearing damage.